13th Annual Block Melanoma
5K Run • 3K Walk • TEAM CATHY Kids Fun Run
Sunday, May 21, 2017 • Milwaukee County Zoo
6:45 a.m. – Registration, Peck Pavilion inside the zoo
5k Run Start - 8 a.m.
Kids Fun Run Start - 8:15 a.m.
3k Walk Start - 9 a.m.
Already a registered user? Click here to login now!
Top Fundraising Registrants
Top Fundraising Teams
martha and richard davis • $25.0011 months ago
Muriel Green Lappin • $50.00In honor of Toby Recht's birthday, in memory of Sam.1 year ago
Megan Sherman & Safet Sarich • $100.00In loving memory of Touchdown Dallmann. An incredible man!1 year ago
1. Participation Fee for the 5K Run, 3K Walk and TEAM CATHY Kids Fun Run
- Early Bird registration now through May 17th: Adult – $35, youth 17 & under – $20
- Day of registration: Adult – $40, youth 17 & under – $25
- You may register Sunday morning beginning at 6:45 a.m. at the Peck Pavilion inside the zoo.
2. Team Registration
When you visit the registration page you will be prompted to “Register” or “Donate”. Once you begin the registration process you will have the option to register more people and to start a team.
3. Registration and packet pick-up
- Participants can pick up packets on Saturday, May 20th, at: Biloba Brewing, Brookfield WI, 11 am - 3 pm
- Participants can pick up packets on Sunday, May 21st in the Peck Pavilion at the Milwaukee County Zoo beginning at 6:45 a.m.
4. Team and friends packet pick-up
- One person can pick up multiple packets for their friends and family members. You do not need to bring registration confirmation for all participants. However, please email to let us know this you are doing this for 6 or more people or large teams.
- If you have picked up your packet on Saturday you do not need to be there at 6:45, but allow yourself plenty of time to get to park and prepare for either the run or walk.
- Your registration includes your zoo entry fee and parking for the day. You do not need to have a confirmation letter to enter the zoo. If family members or friends who are not participating are with you, they must pay the zoo entry fee.
5. I signed up for the 5K Run, but now I want to switch to the 3K Walk instead. Do I need to notify event organizers? How?
6. I signed up for the 3K Walk, but now I want to participate in the 5K Run. Do I need to notify event organizers? How?
7. Refund Policy
There are no refunds, if you registered for the event but now can not attend, consider your registration fee as a donation to Ann’s Hope Foundation.
8. Registration Cut-off
Online registration closes at midnight on Wednesday, May 17th. You may register in person the morning of the event at the Peck Pavilion inside the zoo starting at 6:45 a.m.
9. TEAM CATHY Kids Fun Run Information
The TEAM CATHY Kids Fun Run is for kids under 9 years of age and begins at 8:15 a.m., near the flamingo exhibit to the right of the zoo’s main entrance. The run is broken down into 3 age categories with 3 different distances: (all children receive a participation ribbon).
- Kids under 4 years – 200 yards
- Kids 5-6 years – ¼ mile
- Kids 7-9 years – ½ mile
10. Where to check-in or register?
Check-in and registration are located in the Peck Pavilion, which is located behind the penguin exhibit near the main zoo entrance. There will be several signs and greeters to direct you to the Pavilion.
11. Can I do both the Run and the Walk?
Your registration fee covers both events, so if you run the 5K Run you may also walk the 3K with friends or family members.
12. Stroller and Safety Policy
If you are going to have a stroller for the 5k Run, please line up at the back of the pack with your stroller. Pets, skates, inline skates, skateboards, bikes and scooters are prohibited from the event. Walkers are welcome to have strollers and wagons.
13. Age Categories for the 5K Run
9 & under, 10-14, 15-19,
20-24, 25-29, 30-34,
35-39, 40-44, 45-49,
50-54, 55-59, 60-64,
65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
14. Race Timing
The run is chip timed. Results will be posted inside the Peck Pavilion and available online after the event.
15. 5K Run Medal awards ceremony
If you place in one of the top three positions in your age category, you will receive a medal. They will be handed out right after the walk begins at approximately 9:30 a.m. If you cannot stay to receive your medal, please contact us to receive it.